This person will be part of a global team of individuals who are working to develop the next generation of data center cooling products. The successful candidate will fill an important role in Engineering by leading the electrical portion of new product development projects. Requirements may come from Customers, Marketing, Production, Quality Control, Service, Suppliers, Procurement, National Electrical Codes or Safety Agencies. The emphasis will be on power and control system design of 600v or less electric panels and the distribution of power and control circuits throughout the single and three phase equipment.
– Design and develop components, circuits, assemblies, product options, and Engineering computer programs.
– Integrate new or revised control systems into the products.
– Support making improvements to our existing Air Products.
– Communicate with internal customers to accurately determine their requirements and the best method to implement designs.
– Develop 2D unit and system schematics, 3D electric panel layouts using current CAD system, and electrical bills of material using computerized systems.
– Guide the efforts of CAD Designers to generate purchased part and fabrication drawings.
– Follow recognized agency standards for design and testing practices.
– Initiate lab tests, guide technicians, evaluate and document results.
– Collect, analyze, and interpret performance and cost data of new components, assemblies, or complete models.
– Support marketing and production with generation of electrical literature data and serial tag programs.
– Promote quality in our products and processes. – Approve new and revised drawings and bills of material.
– Issue engineering changes and deviations to release permanent or temporary design specifications.
– Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 5 years experience OR – Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 3 years experience
– Broad knowledge of precedents in a specialty area, good knowledge of practices and principles of related specialties.
– Good verbal communication and written documentation skills. Must fluently speak English.
– Good planning and organizing skills.
– Ability to be a global team member with positive problem solving skills.
– Ability to read part, assembly, and schematic drawings.
– Ability to use computerized bill of material systems.
– Good knowledge of electric panel components, manufacturing processes, National and International standards.
– Good computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office products and conferencing programs.
– Experience with HVAC components and systems is a plus.
– Experience with CAD systems is a plus. – PLC or Computer programming skills is a plus.
– Experience with Air Handler systems and controls is a plus.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)